At Wetherby we believe that all children are entitled to an education that will enable them to develop their full potential, be that intellectual, physical, aesthetic, creative, emotional, spiritual or social, finding appropriate challenge in our learning environment.
All students have individual needs, which put personalised learning at the heart of our and learning and teaching. Wetherby Senior School is committed to providing an equality of challenge for all students and an inspiring education for life.
inspiring values for life
- Vision, values, culture and ethos are shared by the whole School community.
- Students are happy, secure, and confident and valued for their individuality.
- Students develop spiritual and moral values, self-discipline, responsibility, resilience and respect for themselves, others and the environment.
- Staff who are energetic, passionate about their subject and committed to the value of an all-round education.
- A positive and inclusive relationship is nurtured with parents, past pupils, and the wider community.
- The School at all times holds true to its core ethos and aims.
inspiring learning for life
- Students achieve their academic potential through outstanding teaching which is forward-looking, encourages independent thinking and lays the foundations for lifelong learning.
- Staff continues to develop in their roles through high quality support, guidance and on-going training.
- First-rate facilities and an inspirational learning environment support the philosophy and aims of the School.
- Regular and robust self-evaluation and collective review ensures that the whole School is a learning organisation.
inspiring interests for life
- The curriculum is broad and balanced, offering rich and varied opportunities for the development of academic interest and intellectual curiosity.
- The co-curriculum offers a wide range of enriching, enjoyable and challenging activities, which stimulate and develop the interests of each child, and promote a healthy lifestyle.