As a diverse community we not only tolerate but respect and celebrate difference. We place great value on friendship and aim to build a supportive community based on trusting relationships. We endeavour to treat each other with respect and to ensure that all of our interactions are conducted with politeness and good humour. Above all else we are a community which values kindness.
We celebrate success in all fields of endeavour at the same time as recognising that excellence is achieved by increments and is the result of persistent effort. We value curiosity, independence of mind, imagination and self-reliance in our work. We aim to be a community in which people thrive and flourish, making the most of the opportunities offered them in order to become the best possible version of themselves that they can be.
meeting our aims
At Wetherby Senior School we meet our aims by
- providing a demanding and stimulating academic curriculum;
- pursuing a thorough and imaginative pastoral curriculum (PSHCE);
- planning wide ranging and enriching co-curricular opportunities;
- being guided by the School’s ethos in all our dealings with each other.
We aim to cultivate the belief that excellent academic progress is the reward of effort. In particular we aim to instil in pupils an understanding that
- the right effort put into developing key learning habits leads to excellent academic progress;
- learning how to learn is the best preparation for a happy and successful future in a changing world;
- everyone has the potential for academic growth.
We aim to be a school where emotional, mental and physical well-being is cultivated and the potential for personal growth is understood by all. We aim to ensure that
- boys develop an understanding of the importance of physical, emotional and mental well-being;
- boys develop the self-reflective capacities and pursue proven strategies which will allow them to maintain their well-being now and preserve it in their future lives;
- boys develop the capacity to both feel good and do good in their lives.
We believe that school is a place where boys learn to value cohesive and welcoming communities composed of polite, good humoured, self-aware and principled individuals. We aim to develop boys’ understanding that
- it is kindness, empathy and courtesy which make a community strong;
- tolerance and respect for difference keeps us together;
- boys have a duty of care towards both their school community and the wider communities in which they live.